The role as Commissioning Engineer for Power system Design will involve, but not be limited to, the following:
- Conducting testing of HV plant and equipment, providing related expert technical advice to ensure the continued and safe operation of customers HV plant and equipment.
- Ensure operational compliance with WHS and Environmental Systems.
- Provide leadership, communication and supervision of employees & external service providers / customers.
- Manage key customer relationships to ensure that agreed services are delivered.
- Reading and interpreting test results with adherence to statutory authorities/legislation and ensure compliance with Regulatory Standards are met.
- Monitoring and reviewing the performance of the work team against agreed KPIs to a required level as set by Management.
- Planning and coordinating the work to meet the group budget category requirements.
- Ensure cost effective use of internal & external resources to meet job requirements.
- Providing assistance to project management to ensure the achievement of projects are within agreed standards.
- Coordinating changes to work priorities due to abnormal conditions, emergencies, and interaction with other internal work groups / external customers.
- Working away from home for extended periods of time.
- Factory acceptance testing of designed ICAP and IEC 61850 systems;
- On site commissioning of protection and control systems and primary electrical plant associated with projects being completed in this field;
- Doing maintenance and fault finding on existing installations;
- Adherence to project commissioning budgets;
- Controlling the flow of information and documentation between the Company and Clients, Suppliers and other related third parties;
- Maintaining an accurate filing administration system in relation to project commissioning
- Implementing and maintaining Client drawing control procedures;
- Works with trainee engineers to insure the proper design and implementation of system protection schemes;
- Refurbishment projects in existing substations
- Ensure that all requirements of the Company Quality Management System and WHS Management System are implemented and adhered to;
- Ensure that HV testing equipment is maintained in good order & used in line with processes & safety policies;
- Monitor work environment for hazards; actively participate in WHS programs; utilise appropriate equipment in a safe manner; conform to reasonable instructions regarding health and safety and;participate in workplace safety audits by:
- Contributing to the provision of a safe working environment for employees and contractors.
- Identifying, reporting and recording hazards.
- Ensuring safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Undertaking investigation of incidents.
- Comply with requirements of Safe Working Procedures.
- Any other duties in reasonable relation to your job that are allocated to you by Management.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
The Commissioning Engineer will require the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum 2 to 3 years hands on HV commissioning and testing experience.
- Knowledge of WHS and QA management, policies and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of secondary equipment, primary plant, operations and technical systems for substations and power generators
- Knowledge of relevant standards, codes of practise, and associated legislative requirements.
- Knowledge of HV Testing procedures
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Computer skills
- Team coordination and team building skills
- Communication, interpersonal skills
- Skill and ability to work independently in a HV testing environment
- The writing and signing off of Customer HV test reports.
- The correct use and application of HV test sets / instruments
Please email your interest, including a detailed CV and covering letter to info@psdenergy。com