PSD Energy employs a comprehensive in-house design team of qualified chartered engineers, design engineers and project engineers to carry out and certify detailed electrical design.
Primary Design and Calculations
- Design Drafting of Substation arrangements, sections and details (AS2067);
- Tubular and Strung busbar design including: sag, expansions, tension, short circuit, seismic, wind loading calculations (AS3865, IEC865; AS1170);
- Conductor, busbar and bolted connection current rating calculations (AS1531, IEEE738, AS62271);
- Power Cable sizing calculations (IEC60287 & CYMCAP Software);
- AS3000 design and cable sizing calculations;
- Insulation co-ordination assessment and studies (EMTP-RV Software & IEC60071);
- EMF assessment and studies (CDEGS Software);
- Earth grid design and assessments (CDEGS Software & IEEE80);
- Specifications for substation primary plant;
- Lighting design (AGI32 3D modelling);
- Lightning Protection (AS1768)
- Air Conditioning sizing (Camel Software);
- Detailed bill of quantities and material;
- Safety in design assessments.